Hot red pepper (Capsicum) is one of the most important vegetable crop in Punjab during summer. Originally from West Indies, Brazil, and Egypt, it gain strong grounds in Pakistan-India subcontinent. It contains mineral, vitamin A., B and C along with carbohydrates.
- Agriculture department has advice to the farmers that they should complete the harvest on time.
- Only pick completely red color pepper
- Don't make a pile of picked chili s, spread it on clean rug (tarpal)
- In case of rain or thunderstorm, picked pepper must be covered.
- Store only completely dried pepper, otherwise quality of produce will deteriorate.
- Pest scout frequently and if you observe, lice, white fly, american bollworm (american sundi), or toka use recommended insecticides.
- Weed control on the banks of irrigation canal and on the edges is essential.
- Destroy the disease infested plant quickly otherwise it can spread, either by burning or burial.